RCC CLUB キャンペーン


昭和13年(1938年)ころ 撮影:吉岡信一氏 

参考資料:「ヒロシマの被爆建造物は語る」 広島平和記念資料館 1996年、RCCニュース 2008/07/25放送より
Filmed circa 1938 (Showa 13) by Shinichi Yoshioka
Original film courtesy of Hiroshima Municipal Archives
Hon-dori, Naka Ward, Hiroshima City, and other locations
The initial cut shows Hon-dori intersection seen from the east. There is also a cut shot from the opposite direction. The cut looking south from Hon-dori intersection shows the great camphor tree of Kokutaiji Temple casting a shadow over the tram road. The tree was designated by the national government as a Natural Monument, and the sidewalk was raised and the tramway tracks were detoured in order to protect its roots, which had outgrown the temple precincts. The building in front of the camphor tree is the Hiroshima Branch of the Bank of Japan, which survived the atomic bombing. The camphor tree did not, and what remained of the roots were removed after the war. The footage also shows the traditional Japanese-style gate leading to Sanyo Kinenkan, a museum dedicated to Edo-period scholar Rai Sanyo. Built in 1935, Sanyo Kinenkan comprised a concrete building exhibiting items related to Rai, as well as a detached room (designated as a National Historic Site in 1936) where Rai wrote Nihon Gaishi [Unofficial History of Japan] after he was confined there as punishment for deserting his han (domain). The room was lost to the atomic bombing, as were the contents of the museum. The concrete building suffered major damage. The museum was rebuilt and is today open to the public as Rai Sanyo Shiseki Museum.
References: Hiroshima Peace Memorial Museum, Architectural Witnesses to the Atomic Bombing—A Record for the Future (1996); RCC News, broadcast on July 25, 2008.




もっと見る »